What questions to ask while looking for a nursery
This video tell you what questions to ask while looking for a nursery, so you select the best nursery for your child.
• What’s your staff to child ratio?
• What qualifications do your staff have?
• How long have they worked here?
• Will my child have a key worker ( one nursery-care worker who is based in my child’s room)?
• How do you manage children’s behaviour?
• What’s a typical daily routine?
• How do you keep me informed of my child’s progress?
• Where can my child rest?
• How many weeks a year is the nursery open?
• What’s the policy on taking children for extra days – how much more is it going to cost me and how much notice do I need to give.
Are you free to visit the nursery at any time or do they have set times for viewings? If they do, ask why.
it is easy for them to quickly tell every 1 they have a show around, you may think im horrible saying it but im just trying to say don’t believe what you see or hear, Asl other mothers what they think before you make your selection.
One other thing that is good to check is the ownership of the nursery – sometimes an indendently owned nursery will be able to respond to your feedback and questions much quicker.
For more advice on what questions to ask while looking for a nursery, see the video or click through to our website.